Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blake's surgery

Blake went in this morning to have his tubes put in his ears and his tongue clipped (the little piece under his tongue was too far forward). He did great. His only issue was the fact that I couldn't nurse him. I woke up at 3:30am to feed him because the latest he could eat was 4:00am. We got there at 7:00am and they took him back at 8:10. The doctor came to tell me they were done at 8:23!

After a few minutes of listening to another little boy crying, I heard Blake's cry. Then they came in to get me. They said he came out of the OR already waking up and MAD!!! :D Actually, he was really hungry. As soon as I sat down, he started eating and ate for 20 minutes straight! He was still cranky and groggy, but we got the ok to go home. The doctor said she got a lot of fluid and infection out of both ears. Poor baby!

When we got home, he sat up with me and James for a bit, then went down for a 2 1/2 hour nap. He's almost back to his old self now, just still a bit clingy. He's napping now and hopefully we will start to see a "new" baby soon!

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes!

No comments: