Sunday, October 28, 2007

Carving Pumpkins

I decided that today was the day to carve our pumpkins. Now, we did this last year for the first time. I had forgotten, until I started to do it again today, how much I hate carving pumpkins!! I mean, the thought is nice. You and your child(ren) spending time together, carving out cute little faces in cute little pumpkins. But, first, Haley is still to young to really help. I'm not handing her a knife to go for it and she's too weak to really be able to scrape out the insides. She spent most of the day planting pumpkin seeds in the back yard. (I'll keep you posted if anything grows!) And second, I'm way too anal. I want to have really cool, perfect pumpkins. I want to have beautiful designs in them (without using the "cheat sheets" out now). I would normally not consider myself a perfectionist. But when it comes to pumpkin carving, I am.

But all in all, they turned out pretty well. I still have one more to go and then we will have our nice pumpkin family! Just remind me next year how much of a pain this was, because I know, I'll forget and be counting down the days until I can do it again!

Getting ready to start!


Deep in concentration!




Eli was trying to get in on the action.


A few of the finished products.




With the scarecrows...





Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

WOW! Those pumpkins look awesome! Great Job!

Shannon said...

See....let her plant the seeds and then you can open your own pumpkin patch! Think of the profits! lol Cute really :)

Chelsea said...

Those look great! I love how you have your front porch decorated!