Saturday, June 14, 2008

Visit from Grandma and Granddaddy

My mom and dad were able to come for a quick visit this past week. They drove in on Sunday around noon and left Thursday morning. It was nice to have them here. Of course, Haley was in heaven, but Eli is starting to realize that people are fun too!

Haley got her early birthday present, a new bike. Eli got a couple of new Thomas trains and a bubble mower and Blake got some neat books and toys and a baby pool just for him. James and I even got to go out for a date! We went to see Iron Man. (Totally AWESOME movie!! Of course, I came home in love with Robert Downey Jr., but who can blame me! ;) )

Then Thursday came and it was time for them to leave. That's always a sad day. As the kids get older, they realize that none of their grandparents live close by. But, they adjust pretty well. It makes the time we spend together more precious.

Here's a few pictures from that week.















3 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful pics! Sounds like you ALL had a nice visit. :)

Laura Tilley said...

Great pictures i loved looking at them all. Wow, the kids are growing up too fast!

Unknown said...

I love my babies so much. We had a great time but was so sad to leave. I wish I lived closer to you and James and the kids. I told your dad that we would have Haley and Eli at at house more than yours if we did. I hope and pray to see all of you again real soon. We love all of you so very much. Love, mama